Comment on page
Once you have created a segment the next step is to add the rules or target individual visitor. If the visitor customer_id is known and if you want to include or exclude them from the segment then click on "Add user targets" button.
Enter the visitor customer_id whom you want to include or exclude from the segment.
Once all the details are filled you can add the rules for the segment
To add the rules click on "Add rules"
Each rule has three parts: an attribute, an operator and the value/s. For example, if you want to target a group of visitors from India then you can have a rule as Country IS_ONE_OF India
A rule can have multiple conditions where the visitors need to satisfy all the conditions. For example, if you want to target a group of visitors from India and the device type is Desktop then you can have a rule as Country IS_ONE_OF INDIA and Device Type IS_ONE_OF Desktop
Finally click on Save Changes button in order to apply the changes to the visitor segment
Follow the below steps, which makes you to write the rules easier:
- To copy a rule, click on the copy icon above the rule
- To delete a rule, click on the delete icon above the rule
- To add a new rule click on the Add button
- To copy a condition, click on the copy icon beside the condition
- To delete a condition, click on the delete icon beside the condition
- To add a new condition click on the "+" icon which is present beside the last condition
- Once the segment has been created, you can use that segment in the experience rule engine to target a particular group of visitors.